Not an emergency?
24hr Emergency electrical services No callout charges
01303 255 994
We take the safety of you and your family very seriously. Let our friendly service professionals improve your home electrical safety by installing new residual-current devices (RCDs) to help prevent electrical hazards in your home or business today.
Rest easy tonight.... Safeguard against potentially traumatic electrical fires, shock injuries and electrocution with home electrical safety solutions from Mr. Electric Kent.
At Mr. Electric Kent we take you and your family's safety seriously, and we want to make sure that your home is protected from electrical hazards. Call Mr. Electric Kent on 01303 255 994 for an appointment today!
Is my home safe from electrical hazards?
Electrical hazards that can lead to serious injury often go undetected because electricity occurs silently behind the scenes. According to U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) there were 400 accidental electrocutions in 2000. Many of these involve items you unconsciously use every day. It is important to recognise hazards before they cause a serious injury, disability or fatality.
Are you at risk of being electrocuted?
Electrocution occurs when the body provides the most direct pathway for electrical current to reach the ground. If a residual-current devices (RCD) is installed in the home, electrocution can be prevented. A RCD detects any change in electrical current and abruptly switches off the power before electrocution can occur. Not only are RCDs a great way to protect you from potential electrocution, the National Electrical Code requires RCD protection for most outdoor receptacles, bathroom receptacle circuits, garage wall sockets, kitchen receptacles, and ALL receptacles in crawl spaces and unfinished basements. Is your home protected with RCDs?
Could an electrical fire take place in your home?
The CPSC estimates that annually, over 165,000 fires are caused by faulty electrical wiring. Arcing faults are one of the major reasons these electrical fires are started. When an unwanted arc occurs, it generates high temperatures that often exceed 10,000 degrees Fahrenheit. This high-intensity heat may ignite surrounding material like wood or insulation, thus spreading fire quickly throughout your home.
An arcing fault is a dangerous electrical problem caused by damaged, overheated, or stressed wiring, cables, or appliances.
What causes unwanted arc faults to occur?
- Pinched or pierced insulation on construction wires or leads
- Wires punctured by nails or screws when hanging things like pictures
- A chair leg sitting on an extension lead
- Cracked insulation on wire or leads from age, heat, chemical erosion or stress
- Overheated wires and leads
- Loose or improper connections
- Frayed or ruptured extension leads or appliance leads
- Electrical appliances that have damaged electrical parts
- Moisture or contaminants between conductors of different voltage
- Electrical wire insulation that has been chewed on by rodents
Don't take chances with your family's safety. Call Mr. Electric Kent on 01303 255 994 today to learn more about our complete line of home electrical safety products and services.